A multi-line design which is slightly reminescent of mazes/fingerprints. It's not designed to create functional mazes, but it is somewhat capable!
"Absinthelyric Print" is an anagram for "Labyrinthine Script".
Original size: 11.25pt. Use multiples of this value for pixel perfection. (If you use antialiasing, it will look perfect at most any size.)
1. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
2. Alphabetic glyphs must have open terminals; numerals and symbols must have closed terminals. Letters which do not terminate (D,O, etc.) must be broken so that they terminate.
3. Glyphs must fill the 15x15 grid.
4. Ligatures and combinatorial glyphs must fit into one letter's space.
5. Draw from the outside in.
A quadratic design which also kind of looks like a hedge maze viewed from overhead.
The idea here was that I had 4 quadrants with 90-degree angles in them, and I would turn or modify those quadrants so they looked like letterforms.
Version 1.1: bfkq were altered to make them less identical to other glyphs and add some detail to the outlines of words.
Welcome to the Snake Basket. Here, pixelated snakes are charmed using the dulcet tones of Lil' Jon and Celtic Frost. The resulting elation, or perhaps PTSD, causes the snakes to coil into pecuilar shapes which resemble font glyphs.
Okay, that's not really the story. The story is that I always wanted to make a font that was all spirals and accidentally made it while trying to make something else. Now, after many attempts and refinements, I have something that is basically all-spirals. Huzzah!