Ahh sadly due to repeatedly running into a corrupted font when I save newly made changes to it, it eventually catched up with me and tested the limit of my patience.
I have had to painstakingly restore the font 5 times already since I started it.
So I stopped including new characters as well as making new changes to its existing character set. (At least for now)
Too bad because I wouldve loved to see this truly getting finalized.
So at this stage there are still a number of characters that remain in rough condition, and had yet to be further optimized.
The main A-Z alphabet luckily already was close to how I invisioned it, but especially the numerals, symbols and accents still have some rough edges.
Now, forgetting all that, I still think it is not a bad font at all. Everything is there for most common Western-European languages, somewhat still making this a usable font that I shouldn't be keeping in private!
I hope that despite my bad luck this time, y'all still like it.
About this Font:
The idea was to make a classic Didone style display serif that is meant for making clean headline text similar to those often seen in older magazines or newspapers. I set out trying to design a semi-bold & slight expanded looking letterform with thin hairline serifs and strokes. I choose a large grid scale for the extra freedom in custom shaping this provides.
Technique I used in this design:
This font in particular I have experimented with working within a "(asymmetrical-) Grid Scale ratio" ( 1,5:1 ), so, changing only the value for the Horizontal grid scale. (This distorts the grid aspect ratio, and is a great way to discover and experiment with getting new forms and shapes).
The 1,5 : 1 ratio was specifically choosen to keep maths simple, in order to rebuild certain required bricks that build specific slope angles , such as a 45° (which is no longer possible to make from the FS default brick set when using asymmetric scale ratios, unless making composites).
But what this also does is opening up a totally new approach to making shapes, and..becoming quite a surprisingly easy shortcut to get unusual shapes or make variations on these, even with as little as just the rotation of the bricks/selection. (thanks to the distorted aspect ratio) :-).
This is a must try for those who are into large grid designs, fake curves or interrested in experimenting around a little.
I decided to make a design which incorporated the thinnest/lightest weight lines possible in FontStruct. This is the result; I'll add more if people like it.
These 1/32 lines cannot be accurately nudged, so a unique line has to be built for each vertical position where I want a line. These lines also cannot be centered on a place where two curves meet (such as the middle of B or R). This introduces some unintentional asymmetry to the design, but I like it, so I'll keep it.
There is also the problem that forming a diagonal line of the same line weight is nearly impossible. While angled 1/32 lines can be formed, their angles are all close to 0. No method exists for making a line which slants at 45 degrees while also being 1/32 weight. So, I had to make some thicker lines in certain areas. I don't think they detract from the design, but if you scrutinize this enough, you'll notice them.
A modern light weight sans serif style font design. Some of the round shapes were very tricky to make due to the thin stroke weight. The font works best at small size.
I hope you like it!This is a clone of STF_CARE SENSITIVE
70's Art Deco style Streamline typeface.
Most of the design credits for this font should go to Isaiah Garcia since I took the liberty of revisiting his fontstruction FS Idea https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/816176/fs_idea
Please check out this member's awesome contributions here: https://fontstruct.com/fontstructors/559832/isaiah_garcia
There is one major design difference between the two works though, Isaiah's version was made using a faux bezier approach (very labour intensive) and requires a fairly large design grid, whereas my version was made using a mix of macaroni bricks and resized composites of these, and was done on just a 4x7 grid using 2:2 filter.
This different approach led to a number of small changes in the overal design result. Also did I change some glyphs slightly to my personal preference. But it remains very much Isaiah's design.
Another less important difference is that I used some of the lowercase string for alternative glyphs allow a number of stylistic variations!